Foreign bid to back insurgency to be foiled: CM
By Saleem Shahid
QUETTA: Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri has said that the so-called `freedom fight` (of Balochsitan) has misguided youth and hindered development process in the province, and warned that foreign forces (supporting the insurgency) will not be allowed to implement their `nefarious designs on our land`.
He was addressing a laptop distribution ceremony here on Tuesday. The function was attended by Speaker of Balochistan Assembly Raheela Durrani, Commander of Southern Command Lt Gen Aamir Riaz, Chief Secretary Saifullah Chattha, provincial ministers, parliamentarians and senior civil and military officials.
Mr Zehri said that anti-Pakistan elements used youth in their so-called `freedom movement` and gave them guns instead of pens. Educational institutions have been destroyed by target killing of teachers.
He said that Balochistan was rich in natural resources and capacity building ofyouth through educational and professional training courses was necessary to utilise the resources.
To achieve this objective, he said, a branch of the National Institute of Skilled Training was being set up in Quetta. Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif would soon lay foundation stone of the institute building, he added.
The chief minister said his government had introduced reforms in the Balochistan Public Service Commission to ensure recruitment of candidates in government departments purely on the basis of merit.
He said that adequate funds had been allocated for providing laptops to youth for their capacity building.
He praised the army, Frontier Cops, police and Levies Force for playing a remarkable role in restoration of peace in Balochistan.
He said that the remarks of the air chief made him proud when he told him during a meeting that the youth of Balochistan inducted in the Pakistan Air Force had been demonstrating the best of skills and performance.