Increase font size Decrease font size Reset font size

`400,000 flood-hit families have moved into new houses`

2025-03-22
KARACHI: Some 400,000 flood-affected families have moved into fully completed homes built by the Sindh government while 660,000 houses have been completed at the foundation level, a meeting chaired by Pakistan Peoples Party chairman Bilawal BhuttoZardari was told on Friday.

The meeting, held at Bilawal House to review performance of Sindh People`s Housing Scheme, was attended by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and the chief secretary. It was briefed that over two million affected individuals have been verified so far.

`The swift completion of the Sindh People`s Housing Scheme is commendable,` Mr Bhutto-Zardari said, adding: `Upon completion, the project will provide permanent shelter to millions of homeless families.

The PPP has consistently taken extraordinary steps to serve the people in every era.` -Staff Reporter