Class II student electrocuted as she touches tap
           
Increase font size Decrease font size Reset font size
By Our Staff Correspondent | 8/27/2017 12:00:00 AM
FAISALABAD: A nine-year-old girl student was allegedly electrocuted on Saturday at the Government Girls High School, Chak 258-RB village, Lama Pind, when she tried to drink waterfrom a tap in which electric current was somehow running.

According to school sources, Noor Fatima, a Class II student, left her classroom to drink water.

She received a severe electric shock when she touched a tap and died on the spot, they said.

Her death terrified other students and the school staff.

According to some of the students no first-aid facility was available at the school.

Locals told Dawn that the girl`sbody remained on the spot for about one hour before a charpoy was arranged from a nearby house to shift it. The students said some of the teachers tried to find some means to save the girl, but to no avail.

The principal claimed while talking to reporters that when the incident occurred the electric supply to the school was suspended so no body apprehended that the tap could be electrified.

However, she added that a con-tractor had been using electric water pump of the school for construction work at a site nearby without her consent, implying that the tap that gave the fatal electric shock to the girl might have been electrified because of that.

She said that earlier an electrician was called to restore power supply to the school but he could not detect the fault and went away.

After the tragic incident theschool was immediately closed, she added.

Deputy Commissioner Salman Ghani has constituted a threemember committee to probe that will file a report on the incident within 24 hours.

Additional Deputy Commissioner (general) Khalid Masood, Chief Executive Officer of District Education Authority Dr Muzaffar Javed and Sadar Assistant Commissioner Mir Nawaz are members of the probe body.
[TOP]

Email