Increase font size Decrease font size Reset font size

Power supply in Kohat to improve soon

2015-07-24
KOHAT: Peshawar Electric Supply Company`s board of directors chairman Engr Malik Asad has said that work on the new high transmission line is underway at a cost of Rs42 billion in the province which will improve the overall capacity of the system.

Addressing an open kutchery here at his hujra on Thursday, he said that Pesco was sustaining Rs258 billion losses, an amount of money with which several power generation projects could have been constructed without the help of the World Bank and IMF.

He brushed aside the allegations levelled by the people of Kohat that he was creating hurdles in the way of development by Pesco and said that work was continuing on 16new feeders with a cost of Rs100 million which would solve the problem of power fluctuation and low voltage.

He said that work on some of them had been completed.

The new feeders would supply smooth electricity to Lachi tehsil, Teri, OTS Road area, Hangu road, Alizai, Gumbat, College Town, Jarma, Kharmato, Kohat City-III, Shakardarra, etc.

Mr Asad said that Rs400 million had been approved for installation of 200 KVA 60 transformers in Kohat to make an effort to give full 220-volt power to the consumers because the old ones were creating big problems.

He said that the Pesco staff had to work round the clock for replacing faulty transformers in the urban and ruralareas.-Correspondent